- Soak luffas in a solution of 10 parts water and 1 part bleach until clean.
- Slice whole luffas into rounds approximately 1 – 1 ½ inches thick.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully cut melt and pour soap base into cubes.
- Melt the soap in the microwave (follow label directions).
- Add 10 – 15 drops of essential oil and stir well.
- Place in molds and spray with rubbing alcohol to reduce air bubbles on the surface of finished soap.
- Fill each mold with melted soap.
- Spray again with rubbing alcohol. Allow to cool in place.
- Place the molds in a freezer for a few minutes to make the finished soap easier to pop out.
- Package the finished product.
- Good Clean Fun
Making Luffa Soap
If this document didn’t answer your questions, please contact HGIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-656-9988.