1 ½ cup chopped pecans, divided
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups peeled, finely chopped Granny Smith apples
½ cup butter
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake ½ cup pecans in a single layer in a
shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring
after 4 minutes.
- Beat sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract at low speed with
an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add sour
cream mixture, beating until just blended.
- Stir in apples and ½ cup of toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a
greased and floured 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans and light press pecans into batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes then cover with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning for 10
minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-quart heavy sauce pan over medium heat, stirring
constantly, boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and spoon over top of bread, let cool
completely for 1 hour.
Source: Adapted from www.myrecipes.com courtesy of Debbie G. from Hobart, Indiana