Warm summer temperatures are here, and sweet South Carolina watermelons will be ripe for harvest soon. If you are looking for a refreshing summer dessert that’s easy to make and full of flavor, then lime and mint infused watermelon sorbet is the recipe for you. Enjoy!
Lime and Mint Infused Watermelon Sorbet
- In a small saucepan, combine the mint leaves, sugar, and water. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain the mint leaves from the syrup.
- Finely grate the peel of the lime and set aside.
- Juice the lime and set the juice aside.
- Puree the watermelon with a food processor or immersion blender.
- In a large bowl, combine mint-infused syrup, lime peel, lime juice, and watermelon puree.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.
- Once firm, scoop sorbet and serve. If sorbet is too firm to scoop, allow to sit at room temperature for enough time to begin to thaw or microwave for short intervals.
Yield: Approximately 16 servings