Bright and tasty is what the month of May represents. Sunny skies bring in National Strawberry Month. A time of year where this sweet red fruit is in season and is used within many recipes from smoothies to pies, to preserves to salads and beverages.
A fun outdoor activity with family can include visiting a farm or pick-your-own and enjoying some fresh-picked strawberries to create tasty memories at home. A simple and easy recipe to try is the Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bark.
3 cups plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir yogurt, maple syrup (or honey), and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and place strawberries on top.
- Freeze until very firm for at least 3 hours.
- Serve, break or cut into pieces and enjoy.
Looking to try other ways to enjoy your fresh-picked strawberries all year round?
Check out different ways to preserve strawberries by visiting, HGIC 3224, Strawberry Jam Factsheet.