Fresh berries taste great straight off the bush; however, sometimes we just need variety. The following recipe for cheesecake bites makes an exciting base for berries of all sorts. They are no-bake, quick, and super tasty!
Blueberry & Lime Topped Cheesecake Bites
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
1 (8 oz.) package plain cream cheese, 1/3 reduced fat, softened
¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1½ tablespoons raw honey
½ tablespoon fresh lime juice + ½ teaspoon zest of lime
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Dash of salt
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thoroughly mix softened coconut oil and graham cracker crumbs. Add a scoop or two of crumb mixture into each muffin cup, enough to fill about halfway. Press firmly to pack down. A spoon or shot glass works well for packing. Place pan in the freezer while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix together cream cheese, yogurt, honey, lime juice, zest of lime, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Take the muffin pan out of the freezer and add about 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture to each crust. The muffin cups should be filled to the top. Lightly press for a dense consistency.
- Top with fruit of choice and return to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove, garnish, and keep refrigerated.
Fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
Sliced mint, rosemary, or the zest of lime, lemon, or orange.