The apple cider and spices pair well with pork in this great fall recipe! Enjoy!
Spiced Cider Brined Pork Loin
3 cups water
3 cups apple cider
3 Tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 (2lb.) boneless pork loin
2 cups apple cider
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until salt dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Pour brine into a 2-gallon zip-top plastic bag.
- Add pork; seal. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 °F.
- Bring 2 cups of cider and rosemary to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the cider has thickened and reduced to about ¼ c. Set aside.
- Remove pork from brine. Place pork loin on a greased pre-heated grill rack or in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Grill until pork loin reaches an internal temperature of 145 °F or Bake at 350 ° for 1 hour in the oven or until the temperature reaches 145 °F.
- While grilling or baking, baste 2 times with cider reduction.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 8 servings